If a pet has appeared in your house, you will have to be prepared for the fact that with it a specific and not very pleasant smell will appear in the house. There is only one way to deal with this smell – it is to keep the rooms clean.
Prepare for the new tenant to appear in the apartment in advance:
1. Allocate space for the tray
- The place should be secluded enough so that no one bothers the cat;
- The cat should easily fall into its tray;
- It should be convenient for you to clean the area around the tray;
- It is desirable that the place of the cat’s toilet is well ventilated.
2. Place for the pet
Think over where your pet will sleep, prepare a laying for a puppy or a basket (box) for a kitten. All accessories should be easy to wash, wash.
3. The established order for the pet
If the house has carpets, think about whether it is time for you to part with them. If you are not ready to get rid of carpets for good, roll them up and put them in storage, at least for as long as your pets get used to the order you set.
4. Interior for the pet
Cover upholstered furniture with covers or covers that are easy to wash.
5. Pet cleaning
Get a vacuum cleaner with a variety of brush heads and great net power.
We will understand the causes of an unpleasant odor
1. Bad smell
Any dog, even a healthy dog, has an unpleasant smell of a dog.
This smell comes from the hair and from the jaws of dogs. In order to minimize this aroma, observe the rules of hygiene for the animal:
- Wash your dog regularly at least once a week, use special shampoos;
- Using dog toothpaste, brush your pet’s teeth;
- Comb wool with rubber or silicone brushes;
- Arriving home after a walk, wash not only the paws, but also the area at the tail, as well as the stomach.
2. Puddles in the apartment
Cats and dogs leave puddles in the apartment.
- Such troubles happen if the cat does not like its tray. The tray may be small or in a crowded area. Most often, the cat is looking for another place if its tray is dirty. The cats are large neat with a very sharp sense of smell, so you can’t make him go about their business in a poorly washed tray.
- For both cats and dogs, odor release is a protective reflex. Perhaps your pets are frightened, offended, or excited by something. Try to find out the causes of stress and create normal emotional conditions for the animal.
- If new smells appear in the house, the cat begins to mark the territory, recalling who is the boss in the house.
- Also, the cause of unexpected puddles can be an animal’s disease.
- If the cat is not neutered and the cat is not sterilized, they will, by their nature, mark the territory. This “flavor” is very corrosive and difficult to get rid of.
How to solve the problem of eliminating unpleasant odors in the house
1. Puddles behind your pet
The puddles behind your pet need not only to be cleaned, but also to be thoroughly disinfected.
Chlorine-containing substances disinfect the treatment area and effectively remove odor. After applying them, ventilate the room well.
2. Odor elimination
To eliminate the smell of urine in a cat or dog, oxidizing agents such as:
- an aqueous solution of vinegar;
- instead of vinegar, use fresh lemon juice;
- a three percent solution of hydrogen peroxide;
- potassium permanganate;
- iodine solution in water.
3. Useful advice
The pungent odor will not spread if immediately after the trouble has occurred, wash the stain with ordinary household soap and then treat it with a cloth soaked in alcohol or vodka.
4. Stain removal
If the carpet is damaged by the urine of the animal, thoroughly blot the puddle as soon as possible. And then you can apply different methods to remove stains and odors from carpet:
- Make an aqueous vinegar solution in the proportion of one part vinegar to two parts water. Rinse the contaminated area with this solution, capturing an area slightly larger than the stain. Rinse again with clean water. Dry the carpet well.
- An excellent sorbent and assistant in getting rid of unpleasant odors is soda. Generously fill the stain with soda (removing excess liquid with a napkin). Leave for a long time, for example, at night, and then remove the baking soda with a broom or vacuum cleaner. Soda can be replaced with ground coffee (naturally, only on color-appropriate coatings).
5. Laundry soap
From the surface of upholstered furniture, the urine stain is washed off with laundry soap.
For this purpose, laundry soap grated is mixed with warm water until gruel is obtained and applied to the treated area. After half an hour, a crust forms, which must be removed with a damp sponge or rag. For upholstered furniture of a dark color, use a solution of iodine in water (15 drops of iodine in half a glass of water) or a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
6. How to process the marks on a wooden floor or linoleum?
Traces of an unpleasant surprise are treated with an aqueous solution of white table vinegar in a ratio of three to one. The room must be well ventilated.
7. Fighting an old smell
If the smell is old, especially in apartments where no one has struggled with this problem for a long time, use an ozonizer. Ozone deodorizes and disinfects air in any domestic premises.